at Kiss and Makeup
Click Each Service at the Bottom of the Page for Detailed Information
Kiss and Makeup offers a range of waxing, from brows to bikini wax in my luxurious suite inside Sola Salons in Wilmington, NC. All instruments are sanitized and we enforce a strict “no double dipping” policy, meaning that we never dip the same applicator in the vat of wax once it has been used. I offer a safe and relaxing environment for all your facial and body services.
Waxing removes hair from the root so hair takes longer to grow back. Depending on the body part being waxed and your growth pattern. Waxing can last anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks. Over time, you’ll notice less and less hair. Over time with continuous waxing hair will grow back thinner, sparser, softer, and lighter. The more you wax, the smoother your skin will be. Waxing also acts as an exfoliator by removing dead skin cells. You can pluck shaving and tweezing out of your daily routine when you add waxing services to your skincare routine.
Tips on getting the best most effective wax:
- Your hair should be at least ¼” long – preferably ½” long for maximum wax adhesion and waxing effectiveness.
- Let me know if you are currently taking medications that could affect your waxing service, such as Accutane or Retin A. Certain topical medications need to be stopped before waxing service can be done.
- Skip the lotions and potions! Do not apply self tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure 48 hours before and after a waxing service.
- It’s best to avoid extreme heat post treatment. Including Sauna/Steam Room, hot baths and exercise for 48 hrs after wax service.
- Gently exfoliate your skin before receiving a wax. Exfoliating the area three times a week with a body brush, sugar scrub, gentle loofah, etc is recommended to assist with removing dead skin cell buildup and help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Prone to ingrown hairs ? Two days after service gently wash the area with a 2 percent salicylic acid cleanser or use Relax and Wax Get the Bump Out. Available for retail in the salon.
- Watch your coffee intake. Limit caffeine the day of your appointment as it can stimulate the nervous system and make waxing more painful.
- Be comfy! Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
- For ladies! Go a week or two after your period, and it’ll hurt less. Prostaglandin levels are highest right before your period, so you’ll be more sensitive and more likely to swell, so schedule your visit accordingly.
- A pain reliever/anti-inflammatory can be taken 30 minutes prior to an appointment to minimize discomfort.
Want to decrease the level of discomfort over time? The more you wax, the less you will need to wax, as waxing reduces the strength of the hair follicle. Over time, hair regrowth will become sparser. Wax and Relax No Scream Cream is available to purchase for more sensitive areas, like the bikini. Heightened sensitivity may be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48 hours. Apply a cold compress to soothe the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Hydro-cortisone cream also reduces the redness and irritation following your treatment.
Waxing causes the temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin, to enter the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. So keeping hands off freshly waxed skin and following post directions are important.
Schedule your waxing appointments about a month apart, exfoliate between visits, and don’t shave for the best results! If you get your routine down pat, you’ll find your waxes to also be less painful and more effective. I want your body waxing experience to not only be the absolute best Wilmington has to offer but also for you to achieve great results.